If You Could Only Live In One Country, Which Would It Be?

Every year, websites all over the internet release lists of what they believed to be the best countries to live in the world. Here we’re going to take a look at some of the countries that regularly make it to the top of those lists. Let’s take a look.

Switzerland

17868-swiss-flag-pv

Free Stock Photos

Switzerland is famous for being neutral and independent. Perched high up in the Alps, it didn’t take sides, even in WW2. Now the country has something of a reputation for offering a great standard of living for the people who live there. The population of Switzerland is around 7.2 million. It has one of the most stable economies in the world, thanks mainly to a stable monetary policy. As a result, investors flock here, spending their money on new projects in the country.

Metropolitan life here is also safe, fun and clean. Major cities like Bern, Zurich, and Geneva has exceptionally low rates of crime. They’re also beautiful cities. For instance, Geneva runs along the giant Lac Leman, a lake that runs for miles out of the city.

Canada

251px-canada-satellite

Wikimedia Commons

Canada is considered to be one of the best places to live in the western world. This is because of its historically low rates of crime and the overall happiness of its citizens.

It seems as if many more people are looking to get a visa for Canada. Spending on tourism in the country is a good proxy for whether people want to move to the country. Spending has increased to more than $81 billion in the last year or so, demonstrating intent.

Health and longevity is good here too. On average Canadians live to 81 years of age. That’s more than four years longer than the average in the US. Canada also has a low unemployment rate, thanks to some rather clever trade policies and an economy based on services.

Ireland

ireland-829067__340

Pixabay

Back in 2009, the future for Ireland looked bleak. Its banks had been ravaged by the global economic meltdown. And it was on the brink of bankruptcy. Not anymore. The economy here has been turned around considerably since the last decade. There are genuine opportunities to settle down and make a living here.

There’s also ample opportunity to explore the beautiful landscape. Ireland has vast areas of wilderness, thanks to its low population density. It also has many of the best golf courses in the world, if you’re interested in that type of thing. Finally, Ireland is a treasure trove for history buffs. The island is littered with castles and forts. In fact, Ireland boasts the greatest numbers of restored castles and forts anywhere in the world.

New Zealand

new-zealand-1182764__340

Pixabay

If you’re an animal lover, New Zealand is the place to be. Only 5 percent of the population here are people. The other 95 percent are herd animals, sold for export.

The main city of Auckland plays host to the Sky Tower. The Sky Tower is a little bit like the observatory in Toronto. Visitors can look out over the city of Auckland from a height of more than 1076 feet.

Contributed Post.

If you like what you’ve read here, please let others know of this post, blog, and site.

And thanks for reading!  🙂

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s