The bathroom is often the most neglected room in the house. You’re going to work your behind off in every single room to make them all stand out and look great, but if you don’t ensure that you remember the bathroom, too, you are going to have a room that looks out of place. Did you know that you spend 30-60 minutes in the bathroom every single day? Whether you are in there to wash or you’re in there too – well, use the bathroom – you’re going to spend a lot of time in this little room of the house!
You want your bathroom to look attractive and not just because you might be looking to sell up one day, but because you want comfort and excitement in your home now! It’s essential that your bathroom looks good and whether you use one of these wallpaper types to do it or you tile the entire space, you should think about how you can make the smallest room of the house look amazing. The bathroom is the place you get ready for the day, and it’s here you will spend a lot of time having shower concerts and contemplating your day ahead. One of the best ways that you can make your bathroom look attractive is to make it look expensive, and here are some of the best ways that you can do that.
- Look to add more textures. With the illusion of mosaics to the different tile types that you can use, you should think about how textures will add that layer of luxury to your bathroom space. It’ll add designs to your room but it’ll also prevent the space from looking plain and bland. Texture can be added in a range of ways, from wooden flooring and patterned tiles to bamboo accessories to give the room a natural look.
- Consider the colors. The bathroom should be just as bright and considered as the rest of the house. If you have pops of bright color in the lounge, then you’ve got to add pops of color to the bathroom, too. It’ll make the room look far more welcoming and you can direct the attention away from the hygiene pieces of the space and make it look like a serene and peaceful place to be.
- Think about the accents. Florals are always in place in a bathroom, especially greenery. This is a natural way to decorate the room and you’ll make it look like a pretty and welcoming place to be. It’ll also make it feel far more spacious than you ever thought possible! Another accent to consider is your lighting. Lights that surround your mirrors are always going to be an exciting investment, and you’ll make the entire room more inviting as a result. Don’t forget to include a dimmer switch so that you can lower the lights to make the room look calming.
- Consider your materials. What material are you currently using for your countertops? One of the best ways to do this is to install a marble countertop, because it’ll add a luxurious look and feel to the space while also being much easier to clean as a result. You should look to replace the current materials in there and make it look more luxurious. It’s all in the look, so even if you can’t afford actual marble, get the wrap to make each counter look like it’s marble!
- Look into mosaics. The mosaic flooring that you add to your bathroom floor is going to pretty up the space in an instant. It’s also going to make your bathroom look much more luxurious without you having to spend a fortune to make it happen. Mosaic floors give off an air of ‘vacation’ and exotic places, but you can bring that into your bathroom and make it really stand out!
- Speak to a bathroom designer. Did you know that there are experts out there who know just how to make your bathroom look and feel fantastic? You can use their help to make your bathroom look expensive and the best bit is that they’ll help you to do it on the budget you have rather than the luxury budget that you wish you had! Take your time here because you want to get this right the first time.
You don’t have to spend a fortune to make it look like you did. With the tips above, the right decor and a great attitude, you can make your bathroom look and feel amazing in no time at all.
If you like what you’ve read here, please let others know of this post, blog, and site.
And thanks for reading! 🙂